Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, February 10, 2014

Cinnamon Apple Spice Shortbread

When I was reading a recent article in Family Circle Magazine, I came across a recipe they shared for Earl Grey Shortbread. I never hear of putting tea leaves into cookies before and wanted to try it out for myself. I don't particularly care for Earl Grey tea so I didn't have that on hand, so I decided to give my shortbread a distinctive flavor and used Cinnamon Apple Spice tea instead.



These Cinnamon Apple Spice Shortbread cookies were so easy to make! Just add all of your ingredients to your food processor, pulse a few times; then let the dough rest and chill before baking. Since I don't like complicated desserts, I really loved how this recipe only had four ingredients; all of which are staples I always have on hand in my pantry. You can use any type of tea leaves you like. Mint. Lemon. Raspberry. Peach. You get the point. Each one will give your cookie a unique flavor all on its own. I used a heart cookie cutter, but you can use any shape you would like to. I just thought spreading a little love is good any time throughout the year. These cookies were delicious, not overly sweet like some cookies and would go perfectly with a hot cup of tea for an afternoon or evening snack. ~Enjoy!


Cinnamon Apple Spice Shortbread
Adapted from Family Circle
Prep Time: 30 minutes   Cook Time: 10 minutes    Yields: 42      Servings: 1
Ingredients
  • 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
  • 4 Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea Bag, leaves only
  • 1/2 c. Confectioners Sugar
  • 2 Sticks Salted Butter, softened
Directions
  1. Combine flour and tea leaves in a food processor and pulse. 
  2. Add the sugar and butter; then pulse until the dough comes together. 
  3. Place dough on a lightly floured surface, flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. 
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  5. Roll dough 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes with a 2" cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet. 
  6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. 
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 70, Carbs 6.8g, Fat 4.4g, Protein .9g, Fiber .2g, Sugar 1.2g

*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis