Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, February 9, 2014

5 Sample Valentine's Day Menu Ideas


I've been asked over the years if I could put together a weekly meal plan to share here on the blog. I even tried doing it a few times. I'd sit down with a cup of tea early on a Sunday morning and start jotting down recipe ideas that I'd like to make for the week, but I was never able to follow through completely and share them with you. I found it difficult to stick to a plan every day because let's face it, we're all busy. Schedules change or things get moved to different times or days making it impossible to completely plan out an entire week. And contrary to what you might think, I don't cook a new recipe every day.  Most weeks' I'll cook 3-6 new recipes in one day because not only do I have to cook them, I have to photograph them as well so I can share them here with you. Yes, we do eat grilled cheese and soup for dinner. Yes, we order pizza out. Yes, we've even stopped through the drive through (though that doesn't happen very often, I'd rather pick up a sandwich at our local pizza shop).  GASP! See, I'm JUST LIKE YOU! :)

So since Valentine's Day is coming up, I thought I'd put together a few sample menus to help give you a little inspiration in case you're planning on staying in for the evening and cooking a nice, home cooked meal for ones you love in your life. These are just examples of course. Feel free to mix and match between menus or if there is something in particular you're in the mood for (say spinach), go to the home page of the website and type "spinach" in the Search Box in the upper left hand side and you will get all of the spinach recipes I've made so far. You get the point.

If you haven't noticed already, I'm also posting this on a Sunday so you have some time to plan. If you like this type of format, I will continue to put together a weekly menu selection of recipes for you to choose from for your weeknight meal plan now that I have over 800 recipes on the blog under my belt. There has to be something here that you will like!

Without further ado, here are 5 Sample Valentine's Day Menu Ideas. ~Enjoy!


Menu #1

Appetizer or Salad

Soup

Entree Selections

Dessert


Menu #2

Appetizer or Salad

Soup

Entree Selections

Dessert


Menu #3

Appetizer or Salad

Soup
Entree Selections

Dessert

Menu #4

Appetizer or Salad

Soup
(Roman Style Egg Drop)

Entree Selections

Dessert

Menu #5

Appetizer or Salad

Soup

Entree Selections

Dessert

2 comments:

  1. Every single item you've posted looks and sounds wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jill! I hope you find a few new recipes you would like to try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis